Ruben Östlund's Triangle of Sorrow and Ali Abbasi's Holy Spider lead the European Film Awards in the main categories, along with Lucas Don't's Intimacy.
"Triangle of Sorrow", "Holy Spider", "Alcarraz", "Intimacy" and "Corsage" compete for the best European film.
In the Best Director competition, Don for Intimacy, Marie Kreuzer for Corsage, Jerzy Skolimowski for EO, Abbasi for Holy Spider, Alice Diop for Holy Omer and Östlund for Triangle of Sorrow.
Alcarras screenwriters Carla Simon and Arnau Villaro, Kenneth Branagh Belfast, Dont and Angelo Thijsens Closeness, Abbasi and Afshin Kamran Bahrami The Holy Spider and Åslund Triangle of Sorrow have been nominated for the European Prize. ". ". "
European actress Vicky Krips for Corsage, Zar Amir Ebrahimi for Holy Spider, Lea Seydoux for Good Morning, Penélope Cruz for Parallel Mothers and Meltam Kaptan for Rabie Kurnaz vs. George W. Bush. . Boyson."
European acting credits include Paul Mescal in After the Sun, Eden Dambrin in Closeness, Elliott Crosset Howe in Land of the Gods, Pierfrancesco Favino in Nostalgia and Zlatko Buric in Triangle of Sorrow.
European documentaries include The House of Cracks, The Girl Gang, Maripolis 2, The Balcony Film and The Roman March.
The awards are presented by 4,400 members of the European Film Academy. The award ceremony will take place on December 10 in Reykjavik (Iceland).
European Discovery Award for "107 Mothers", "Love is Second to Dalva", "Other People", "Pamfir", "Small Body" and "Son". The winner will be selected by a committee appointed by the European Film Academy, which includes experts and members of the FIPRESCI critics' federation.
The winners of the European Award for Excellence in Cinematography, Editing, Design, Costume Design, Makeup and Hair, Soundtrack, Sound and Visual Effects are selected by an eight-member jury made up of representatives from all the arts. and crafts and will be announced on November 23rd.
The winners of the European Lifetime Achievement, European Achievement in World Cinema and European Creative History Awards will be announced and celebrated in Reykjavik.
European Cinema : • ALCARRAS, directed by Carla Simon, produced by Maria Zamora, Stefan Schmitz, Tono Folguera and Giovanni Pompili (Spain/Italy).
• Close, directed by Lucas Don, produced by Michel Don, Dirk Impens, Michel Saint-Jean, Loretta Schillings, Arnold Heslenfeld, Frans van Gestel and Jacques-Henri Bronkart (Belgium/France/Netherlands).
• KORSAGE, directed by Marie Kreuzer, with Alexander Gler, Johanna Scherz, Bernard Mischaus, Jonas Dornbach, Janine Jakowski, Marin Ade and Jean-Christophe Raymond (Austria/Luxembourg/Germany/France).
• Holy Spider, directed by Ali Abbasi, produced by Saul Bondy and Jacob Jarek (Denmark/Germany/Sweden/France).
• Triple Sorrow, directed by Ruben Östlund, produced by Erik Hemmendorf and Philip Bober (Sweden/Germany/France/UK).
• Lucas, don't close
• Marie Kreuzer for CORSAGE
• Jerzy Skolimowski for EO
• Ali Abbasi for HOLY SPIDER
• Alice Diop for SAINT OMER
• Ruben Ostlund for TRIANGLE DE TRISTE
• Vicky Crips by CORSAJE
• King Amir Ibrahimi in SPIDER HOLY
• Léa Seydoux Good morning
• Penelope Cruz in Parallel Mother
• Multam Kaptan Rabbi Kurnaz VS. George Bush
European actor : • Paul Mescal in the movie "AFTER THE SUN".
• Eden Dambrin is closed.
• Elliot Crossett Howe in GODLAND
• Pierfrancesco Favino in the film "NOSTALGIA"
• Zlateko Buric in the GARDEN TRIANGLE
European screenwriter : • Carla Simon and Arnaud Villaro for the film ALCARRAS.
• Kenneth Branagh for BELFAST
• Lukas Dont and Angelo Tijsens for CLOSE
• Ali Abbasi and Afshin Kamran Bahrami for HOY SPIDER
• Ruben Ostlund for TRIANGLE DE TRISTE
• House of Chips, directed by Simon Lehring Wilmont (Denmark/Sweden/Finland/Ukraine)
• GIRL GANG, directed by Suzanne Regina Meres (Switzerland).
• Mariopolis 2, directed by Mantas Kvedaravichyus (Lithuania/France/Germany).
• Film "Balcony", directed by Pavel Lozinski (Poland).
• March on Rome (MARCIA SU ROMA), directed by Mark Cousins (Italy).
European Discovery – FIPRESCI Prize
• 107 AMA (CENZORKA) led by Peter Kereks (Slovakia/Czech Republic/Ukraine)
• "Love" based on the novel "DALVA", directed by Emmanuel Nico (Belgium/France).
• OTHER PEOPLE (INNI LUDZIE), directed by Aleksandra Terpinska (Poland/France).
• PAMFIR led by Dmitry Sukholitsky-Sobchuk (Ukraine/France/Poland/Germany/Chile)
• Small Body (Piccolo Corpo), directed by Laura Samani (Italy/Slovenia/France)
• SONNE, directed by Kurdvin Ayub, produced by Ulrich Seid (Austria).
For more stories like this, follow us on MSN by clicking the button at the top of this page.
Click here to read the full article.